Monday, November 30, 2009

Christmas is here again...


This is our 3rd year celebrating Christmas with Royal Highness. Our first Christmas was on 25 Dec 2007, she was just a 3 months old baby then. We celebrated at Tony Romas with a simple lunch, just 3 of us. Then I felt so amazed at myself for having gone through pregnancy and labour to bring my princess into this world. I knew we will have many many years of wonderful Christmas ahead of us. So last Christmas, 25 Dec 2008, Royal Highness was 15 months old and already a very active toddler. She was already walking before she turned 1 year and was capable of saying 1 - 2 words. Last year, we had Christmas lunch at King's Hotel together with friends and family. Following that, we headed to Jacob Ballas for the little ones to have some fun splashing around in the water play area. At that time, I just felt so thankful and blessed to have Royal Highness in my life. Looking at her developments, I had no idea I could raise a wonderful baby like that.


For 2009, no plans have been made for Christmas yet. But I am glad that this year I finally managed to put up our Christmas tree which has been stashed in the store since Royal Highness was born. She was thrilled to see the Christmas tree when she woke up in the morning as I put the tree up overnight while she was asleep. She will tell me "So beautiful!" whenever we turn on the lights on the tree. At 26 months now, Royal Highness can converse in sentences although not in perfect english. Singing is her favourite activity and we can often find her talking to herself. She has even learned the song Jingle Bells from school!


Christmas is beautiful and joyous. Christmas reminds me of God's love as it marks the day Jesus Christ came to earth as a baby. There is this song which is sang during Christmas, "Mary did you know?" and in the song it speaks of Jesus being born for the sole purpose of taking our place to die on the cross for our sins. The famous verse in the bible, John 3:16 ~ "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life." Thank you Father, Your love has made it possible for me to love my family and enjoy the love from them. I know Christmas with Royal Highness shall always be more and more wonderful.

No comments: